What to Expect During Your First Visit
Our goal is to make your first visit with the Guildford Orthodontic Centre team in Surrey as comfortable, educational and as smooth as possible.
What Happens at Your First Visit to Guildford Orthodontic Centre?
During the first consultation appointment with our team, you will meet with one of our doctors and new patient coordinator, and have digital photographs taken.
After a full review your health and dental history, one of our orthodontists will examine you thoroughly so that an accurate assessment of your orthodontic treatment needs can be made.
We will explain the orthodontic process, present you with a video which demonstrates the various steps of evaluation and record taking.
We will then review the orthodontic treatment options, length of treatment and costs involved.
Most importantly, we will address any of the questions and concerns you have.
Both the patient and parent of our younger patients (preferably both parents) should be present at this time, since the responsibilities of all parties involved will be discussed.
What Exactly is Included in Your First Consultation?
- Personal Orthodontic Consultation with our orthodontist(s)
- Complete Review of Medical and Dental History
- Facial Exam
- Intraoral Exam
- Gum Disease Screening
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Extra-Oral Pictures if indicated
- Smile aesthetics analysis
- Upper and lower jaw size analysis in three planes of space
- Tooth eruption and sequence of eruption analysis
- Bite Analysis Tooth crowding analysis
- Jaw Joint Exam
- Addressing of your primary concerns
- Review of treatment options
- Discuss the different types of braces or appliances for your particular case
- Approximate length of treatment
- Presentation of fees, interest-free monthly payments, and insurance inquiries
Interested in Invisalign?
For those of you interested in Invisalign in Surrey, our Orthodontists will give you an assessment as to whether you are a candidate for Invisalign treatment. They have treated several hundred Invisalign patients and therefore if you have been told before that you're not a candidate for Invisalign, you will want to see our Orthodontists because they may still be able to treat you.